Be ready for any emergency, at any time. Could you survive in the wilderness on your own? From clothing recommendations to picking the best firestarter, expert survival instructor Leon Pantenburg shares his immense knowledge of bushcraft and survivalist skills so that anyone—backpackers, preppers, city dwellers, and more—can be ready for a possible emergency.
In Bushcraft Survival, Pantenburg delivers practical tips and anecdotes that cater to readers who are looking to improve their outdoor skills and prepare for every potential disaster. Drawing from his personal experience as an avid outdoorsman and years as a journalist, Pantenburg lays out easy-to-follow steps to prep for both short and long-term survival situations.
As natural disasters become increasingly present and people continue to rely on reality television shows for survival tips, developing bushcraft abilities is becoming more and more important. In this thorough handbook, Pantenburg covers a wide range of topics, including:
- Developing a survival mindset
- Crafting survival kits
- Choosing clothing best suited to survival
- Picking materials and objects to help you survive
- Building a variety of shelters
- Deciding what survival tools you should pack and which you should leave at home
- Effectively make a fire using different techniques
Filled with time-tested techniques and first-hand experience, Bushcraft Survival is the ideal book for those who want to step up their hiking or camping game, as well as those who are searching for relevant advice on emergency preparedness.
- Publisher : Skyhorse (11 Jun. 2020)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 192 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1510751912
- ISBN-13 : 978-1510751910
- Dimensions : 13.97 x 1.52 x 20.96 cm